The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is supporting the Cambodian Ministry of Women’s Affairs to change attitudes and prevent violence so that women and girls can feel safe in their homes, in the workplace and in their communities. The DFAT supported, Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Program (PIPV), seeks to reduce rates of IPV by promoting comprehensive primary prevention strategies and interventions that reduce or eliminate specific risk factors (alcohol abuse and media exposure) and strengthen or establish protective factors for the prevention of IPV.
The Asia Foundation (TAF) is seeking a qualified researcher to conduct this study on alcohol production in Cambodia.
• Understand the structure of the alcohol product market including import and export, consumption trends, production, geographic channels of distribution, price control, sector financing and regulatory framework;
• Understand tax and import duty, VAT and other special tax of the products;
• Understand international regulations on alcohol product advertisement; and
• Understand TV’s revenues from alcohol product advertisement and TV’s viable option to replace alcohol product advertisement.
The final report will be approximately 30 pages (excluding appendices) with a PowerPoint presentation summarizing key findings.
The consultancy will be for a period of approximately 40 working days between February and April 2016.
• Advanced university degree in social sciences;
• Demonstrated experience in the field of industry or commercial research;
• Experience working with and maintaining good relations with international, national and local counterparts and beneficiaries;
• Excellent writing and communications skills, and the ability to document clearly and succinctly for internal and external audiences;
• Fluency in English required.
To apply for this consultancy, please send the following documents to Ms. Erin Bourgois at email@example.com:
• A CV/resume
• A concise cover letter explaining why the applicant is qualified for the job, including a proposed per diem consultant fee
• Writing sample
A detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) is available upon request. Applications should be submitted by January 23, 2016 with the subject line: “Research on Alcohol Production.”
The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".