The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a qualified Research Officer with significant training experience in the democracy and governance sector to implement training and research activities under an anticipated four year Cambodia Democratic Reforms program. The Research Officer will work in close collaboration with NDI local partner organizations and program beneficiaries to design and conduct training and institutional capacity development activities at the national and sub-national levels, and oversee program legislative, institutional, and public opinion research in the areas of election reform, women and youth political participation, human rights protections, and good governance. This position is anticipated to become available in October 2015, and is contingent upon funding availability.
• Designing and implementing capacity development training programs for NDI sub-grantees, and local partners at the national and subnational levels;
• Designing, overseeing and conducting legislative, institutional, and public opinion research activities in the areas of election reform, women and youth political participation, good governance, human rights protections, public awareness, and political party strengthening;
• Coordinating program research activities with NDI local and international partners;
• Working closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop data collection and analysis methods, and program spreadsheets, and track program activities;
• Conducting external and internal presentations of NDI research findings;
• Fluency in English is desired, or a conversant English speaker or expat living in Cambodia;
• Strong technical expertise in research and training;
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative public opinion research, SPSS data collection technology, and with ICT democracy and governance applications;
• At least five years of experience in the promotion of democracy and good governance, with a minimum of two years of his or her democracy development experience in research or training positions with field programs that promote political reform in Cambodia or in Asia;
• Excellent communication skills and experience working in large democracy development programs, with a strong track record of conducting training and research activities in complex development environments;
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation, and gender specialization is desired;
• Strong teamwork and management skills;
• Working knowledge of Google-based applications such as Drive or other cloud based online
• Information management systems and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience with at least two references from the past research work to CHHAY Kong at email@example.com
Closing Date: March 27,2015
A detailed Terms of Reference is available at NDI office.
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.