The Australian Embassy is seeking applications for the position of Research Officer (Political). The position is available from June 2014 and, after an initial three month probationary period, will be offered on a 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal. A competitive salary package is offered.
Duties will include:
• Provision of high quality analysis, reports and advice on legal, political and social issues in Cambodia
• Monitoring a wide range of Khmer language information sources including newspapers and social media
• Interpretation and translation
• Assisting with high level visits, embassy events and management of the Embassy’s social media presence
• Development and maintenance of databases of Embassy contacts and records management
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years relevant work experience and tertiary qualifications in politics, law, economics or an associated field. The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English and Khmer, have a good understanding of the Cambodian civil service, and have a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
For selection criteria and information on how to apply, please visit the Embassy website: www.cambodia.embassy.gov.au/penh/aboutus.html. Only applications which address the selection criteria will be considered. Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Research Officer” as the subject line or by hard copy to the Australian Embassy by close of business on Friday 06 June 2014.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.
Those who make the journey almost 100km from Preah Vihear province’s capital Tbaeng Meanchey to the 11th century remains of Preah Khan Kompong Svay will be richly rewarded.