Office of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Cambodia invites qualified Cambodian nationals to apply for a vacancy post indicated below.
|Title:||Secretary||Date:||25 December 2013|
|Grade:||G4||Deadline for application:||8 January 2014|
|Contract type:||Fixed-term||Duty station:||Phnom Penh|
|Duration:||Post of limited duration||Position No:||182218|
1. Screens and routes incoming mail, documents and reports to the supervisor with full background information.
2. Takes/transcribes non-technical and technical correspondence, reports, etc. from dictation, tapes and manuscripts, using word-processing equipment, ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformity with procedural instructions and format; drafts correspondence on routine matters on own initiative or from brief instructions, types statements, reports, studies, including statistical tables, etc. from manuscripts using a word processing equipment.
3. Arranges appointments for supervisor, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls, responds to routine requests for information and prepares briefing folders for supervisor’s duty travels.
4. Receives visitors, ascertains purpose of visit, makes appointments when warranted and informs/directs them to staff concerned. Redirects unwanted visitors skillfully. Ensures orderliness of the reception area.
5. Operates the telephone switchboard and places/answers all calls expeditiously.
6. Maintains correspondence logs, office records, filing and reference systems on various subjects.
7. Maintains the office library in accordance with existing WHO guidelines. Attends to inquiries and searches information from available material and/or electronically.
8. Provides support in the arrangements for meetings, workshops and training courses, including preparation of related files.
9. Provides secretarial and clerical support to visiting staff and consultants as and when required.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Thorough knowledge of office procedures. Typing and stenographic skills at required speed. Ability to discern routine from non-routine. Ability to draft routine correspondence. Skills in the use of computer and ability to adapt to various software applications. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain high standards of personal conduct.
Education & Experience
Completion of secondary school with thorough training in secretarial and clerical duties. At least three years’ experience in secretarial and clerical post. Experience in WHO or in another international organization an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Khmer.
Salary and other benefits: An attractive salary and other benefits including health insurance for staff and eligible dependents.
Post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the office. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to create a profile in WHO’s e_Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. Please bring the printed Personal History Form completed online along with three references to WHO Representative Office located at 177-179, Street 51, Phnom Penh before the deadline or via e-mail: Postmaster.CAM@wpro.who.int. Please indicate “VN for Position 182218” on the subject of your application. Smoking is not allowed in WHO Premises. For queries, please call 023 216610 ext. # 81001.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".