Mekong River Commission
The role of MRC is to promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries’ mutual benefit and the people’s well-being
MRC Secretariat is now recruiting a highly qualified candidate for the position of
Division/Section : Environment Programme, Environment Division
Level : M-12
Work location : Mekong River Commission Secretariat, Vientiane, Laos
Contract type/ Duration : Fixed-term Appointment / One-year contract renewal
• Support and facilitates the work of the Environment Programme providing technical inputs to all aspects of the work under the Programme, especially on cross-cutting issues that require inputs from more than one Programme Officer ;
• Assist in preparation of ToR, recruitment, oversight and support to consultants and experts in the implementation of relevant activities under the Environment Programme;
• Prepare and review related technical reports, publications, papers and presentation materials to promote and disseminate the outputs from the Environment Programme;
• Assist in ensuring the substantive quality of the Environment Programme (EP);
• Review and provides comments as necessary on MRC activities and policies on all aspects of environment and suggests remedies to any duplication or gaps;
• Provide concrete suggestions/recommendations for the continuous improvement of the EP;
• Assist the Programme Coordinator in coordinating, implementing and reporting programme activities, and supports the International Technical Advisor in organizing and facilitating preparation of the implementation plan;
• Support the senior programme managers in their coaching, advice and working together with environment programmes officers through the implementation of respective programme activities and actions;
• Collaborate with the International Technical Advisor, Programme Coordinator and Division Director to ensure the required environmental knowledge, skills development, knowledge transfer and mentoring to support the programme’s full responsibiltiy and mandate through riparianization and implementation of the next MRC Strategic Plan;
• Proactively assist in identifying, collecting, analysing and reporting on environmental information critical for decision making and the public;
• Perform other duties within the scope of the other duties as assigned by the EP Programme Coordinator and the Division Director.
• M.Sc. or higher degree in natural sciences; environmental management, or development studies, preferably in aquatic environment related fields;
• At least 12 years experience in environmental studies, environmental management tools, environmental protection and conservation in relation to river and inland water resource development.;
• Demonstrated technical and management competence in collaborative working with others by assisting, coaching and guiding;
• Excellent skills in communication and reporting;
• Extensive experience in policy issues of environment considerations in development programmes;
• Ability to work and co-operate in a multicultural and international environment;
• Experience within development project planning, management, implementation, reporting and monitoring and evaluation; experience in preparation of annual work plans and budgets, and the use of a logical framework for summarising and guiding implementation is an advantage;
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Working knowledge of more than one riparian language desirable;
• Experience with and good knowledge of the Mekong Riparian countries and the Mekong River basin.
The Job Description and other information can be obtained from the MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment/. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications: 20 October 2014
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Vietnam are eligible to apply. The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to the National Mekong Committee in the applicant’s home country:
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514
Fax. (855-23) 218 506
E-mail: email@example.com or
Lao National Mekong Committee
Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Tel. (856-21) 260 983
Fax. (856-21) 260 984
Thai National Mekong Committee
Department of Water Resources
180/3 Rama 6 Road, Soi Phibul Watana Building
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel. (66-2) 271 6165, 271 6620
Fax. (66-2) 298 6605
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-4) 825 4785
Fax. (84-4) 825 6929
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".