The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Shipping Clerk position for the General Services Office.
The Shipping Clerk prepares documentation for American employees’ household and vehicle shipments and U.S. Government equipment. The incumbent expedites customs clearance or other approvals from the Cambodia Government. S/he maintains shipment files and assists the two Shipping Assistants with all shipping responsibilities.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 8,273 – 12,823.
1. Completion of high school is required.
2. Two years of administrative/clerical experience is required. One year of this experience must be related to Shipping or Logistics.
3. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Level IV (fluent) Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Good knowledge of Cambodian customs and transportation is required.
5. Must have general knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
The application deadline is January 20, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to RecruitmentPHP@state.gov using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".