SRH Project Manager – 12 months with possible extension
Phnom Penh with travel to provinces
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We believe in the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world. We are currently working on a sexual and reproductive health (SRH) project supported by UNFPA.
Overall Purpose of Job: To lead on project implementation and support the production teams and foster good relationships with stakeholders and partners.
• Advise on sexual and reproductive health issues and project strategy
• Ensure project objectives are achieved on time and within budget
• Write monthly and quarterly reports on project activities
• Ensure effective communication and liaison with donors and stakeholders
• Organise internal and external meetings and represent the project
• Advise the Country Director on partnerships and issues relevant to the project
• Explore new business opportunities and assist with writing concept notes and proposals
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• At least a Bachelor degree in a related field
• Demonstrable experience of working in the development sector, preferably in the area of SRH
• Significant management experience
• Good general knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of using media for development
• Experience of report writing in English and overseeing large budgets
• Strong decision-making and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English
• Excellent IT knowledge including with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in behaviour change communications would be an advantage
• Media production experience would also be a considerable advantage
Interested applicants should submit a CV with an introduction letter detailing skills and outlining what they can bring to the job. Please do not include certificates. Send to:
BBC Media Action, #58 Street 306, Phnom Penh, (PO Box 155). Or email email@example.com. Tel: 023 726 180.
Only short-listed candidates will be called to attend an interview. Closing Date: 25th December 2013. The BBC is an equal opportunities employer.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".