The Social Protection Coordination Unit of The Council for Agricultural and Rural Development is seeking for a candidate for the position of Technical Advisor for Social Protection from the period of July 2015 to December 2015. Work based in Council of Ministers, Phnom Penh.
• Masters Degree (or above) in Economics, Social Sciences, Demography or any other relevant field;
• Analytical thinking
• Experience with design and/or implementation of social protection;
• Up-to-date knowledge on values and cost-benefits of social protection
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with national partners;
• Demonstrated leadership, coordination and facilitation skills.
• Familiar with government working system
• Proven writing skills in English and khmer
Major Tasks to be accomplished
• To provide technical support to the Social Protection Coordination Unit (SPCU) of the CARD in leading process for formulation of the new National Social Protection Strategy
• To provide technical support to the SPCU-CARD for implementation monitoring of the conditional cash transfer pilot programmes and to draw lessons learnt from the current pilots
• To provide technical support to the SPCU-CARD for design and implementation of an assessment of social protection targeting tools
• To provide technical support to the SPCU-CARD for operationalization of social protection database and M&E system
• To provide technical support to line ministries in design and implementation of social protection programmes.
• To provide any other support for implementation of the AWP CARD-UNICEF 2016
Budget for the assignment
• The total amount of this assignment will be fully supported by UNICEF based on CARD-UNICEF annual work plan 2014-2015. Total cost: USD10,000 for the period of 5 months
Deadline : 24 July 2015 at 5pm.
Interested Candidates could send CV and cover letter to Mr. Sou Chankresna, via email email@example.com. For more information please contact Mr. Kong Chanthy, Senior officer of Social Protection Coordination Unit via Tel: 099 79 89 99. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".