The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified national or international consultant to provide Technical Assistance in formulating a Costed Minimum Package for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Primary Schools.
The Complete Terms of Reference is available at http://www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_20966.html
• Identify standardised hygiene items such as soap, buckets and scopes for minimum package in schools, with attention to items that are appropriate for the most remote schools;
• Cost the standard items and extrapolating these costs into a minimum budget required over one calendar year for the operation and maintenance of the WASH minimum package with a view including this in the Government's School Operating Budget;
• Identify the sources of funding available to cover the costs;
• Develop basic indicators and monitoring tool to assess the impact of the intervention at school level and;
• Review of the existing capacities within the School Health Offices and Provincial Offices of Education to support the implementation of a minimum WASH package.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced University degree in Social Sciences;
• At least two years' experience in one of the following areas: Basic Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, costing and development policy;
• Background and knowledge of common research methods both qualitative and quantitative;
• Experience conducting and organising field work in rural school and community setting;
• Strong ability to use software statistical packages for data analysis, collation and presentation of results;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to coordinate with various entities;
• Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Khmer is an advantage;
• Experience in and knowledge of the school WASH, especially rural Cambodian context an asset.
Duration of Assignment: 45 working days from late April to June 2014.
Submission of Applications: Applications shall include the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal: Shall include the proposal document based on the tasks and deliverables detailed in the ToR, an updated CV and Personal History Form (Pll).
2. Financial Proposal: The bidder should prepare a lump-sum offer. This would include the consultancy fee and other costs
The Pll form can be downloaded from our website: www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html.
Applications shall be addressed to: UNICEF Cambodia, Supply Section, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or email to email@example.com. Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number.
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern