The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Cambodia Country Office, is seeking to hire a qualified national or international consultant to provide Technical Assistance in formulating a Costed Minimum Package for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Primary Schools.
The Complete Terms of Reference is available at http://www.unicef.org/cambodia/overview_20966.html
• Identify standardised hygiene items such as soap, buckets and scopes for minimum package in schools, with attention to items that are appropriate for the most remote schools;
• Cost the standard items and extrapolating these costs into a minimum budget required over one calendar year for the operation and maintenance of the WASH minimum package with a view including this in the Government's School Operating Budget;
• Identify the sources of funding available to cover the costs;
• Develop basic indicators and monitoring tool to assess the impact of the intervention at school level and;
• Review of the existing capacities within the School Health Offices and Provincial Offices of Education to support the implementation of a minimum WASH package.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced University degree in Social Sciences;
• At least two years' experience in one of the following areas: Basic Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, costing and development policy;
• Background and knowledge of common research methods both qualitative and quantitative;
• Experience conducting and organising field work in rural school and community setting;
• Strong ability to use software statistical packages for data analysis, collation and presentation of results;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to coordinate with various entities;
• Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Khmer is an advantage;
• Experience in and knowledge of the school WASH, especially rural Cambodian context an asset.
Duration of Assignment: 45 working days from late April to June 2014.
Submission of Applications: Applications shall include the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal: Shall include the proposal document based on the tasks and deliverables detailed in the ToR, an updated CV and Personal History Form (Pll).
2. Financial Proposal: The bidder should prepare a lump-sum offer. This would include the consultancy fee and other costs
The Pll form can be downloaded from our website: www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html.
Applications shall be addressed to: UNICEF Cambodia, Supply Section, No. 11, Street 75, Sangkat Sraschark, Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or email to email@example.com. Applications MUST include the title and vacancy number.
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.