The role of MRC is to promote and coordinate sustainable management and development of water and related resources for the countries’ mutual benefit and the people’s well-being
MRC Secretariat is now recruiting a highly qualified candidate for the position of
Programme/Division: Technical Coordination Unit, Office of the CEO
Post Level: M-13
Work location: Vientiane, Lao PDR
Contract type/ Duration: Fixed-term appointment / One-year contract renewable
• Provide advice on and ensure better quality and integration across all MRC programmes; Support Programme Coordinators in operational management of their programmes and projects through a result-oriented project cycle management approach;
• Advise the CEO on programme development strategies;
• Actively helps pursue the implementation of the Strategic Plan of the Mekong River Commission, by driving and promoting it both internally and externally as regards policy and organizational development aspects;
• Prepare and organise MRC annual international events/conferences;
• Design and implement consistent MRC programme workplans and establish an inte-grated workplan monitoring system;
• Monitor on-going programme activities and identify gaps and duplications;
• Responsible for quality assurance of technical reports and project proposals;
• Identify inter-programme cooperation opportunities and establish the appropriate mechanisms; Ensure integration of cross-cutting activities such as strategic planning, programme promotion and facilitation, information management, development of rules and procedures, and integrated capacity building;
• Improve MRC project and programme management guidelines for more efficient and harmonized formulation and reporting;
• Design and implement an MRC evaluation system;
• Other related duties, as required by the CEO.
• Advanced degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Water Resources/Natural Resources Management, sustainable development or a related discipline;
• At least 15 year experience in international technical cooperation in the field of Water Resources/Natural Resources Management and Development; preferably in the scope of river basin organizations and integrated water resources management;
• Demonstrated experience and skills in strategic planning for regional/international organizations;
• Extensive experience in project/programme management including the formulation, coordination, and results based monitoring and evaluation of international programmes;
• Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements, and to effectively coordinate with MRC programmes and a wide range of regional stakeholders;
• Proven experience and facilitation skills in organizing international events/conferences;
• Capacity to work in a multicultural environment essential;
• Computer proficiency and good knowledge of the possibilities and use of electronic information systems;
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The job description and other information can be obtained at MRC website http://www.mrcmekong.org/working-with-mrc/employment. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications: 6 June 2014
Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam are eligible to apply. The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to the National Mekong Committee in the applicant’s home country:
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
P.O.Box 623, 364 Monivong Blvd.,
Sangkat Phsar Doerm Thkouv, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel. (855-23) 216 514 Fax. (855-23) 218 506
E-mail:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lao National Mekong Committee
Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Tel. (856-21) 260 983 Fax. (856-21) 260 984
Thai National Mekong Committee
Department of Water Resources
180/3 Rama 6 Road, Soi Phibul Watana Building
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel. (66-2) 271 6165, 271 6620
Fax. (66-2) 298 6605
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel. (84-4) 825 4785 Fax. (84-4) 825 6929
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".