WHO Cambodia is inviting applications for one position as
for Infection Control and Surveillance
(National Professional Officer NPO NO-C)
The World Health Organization has been providing technical support to the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia to strengthen national capacity in implementing and monitoring the Asia Pacific Strategy for Emerging Diseases (APSED). This is a full-time position for twelve months beginning as soon as possible with a possibility of extension.
The Technical Officer will be based in Phnom Penh, with support costs being met by WHO. Applications from women are encouraged.
Terms of reference
1- Liaise with the Ministry of Health on strengthening communicable disease surveillance and in particular, influenza-like illness (ILI) surveillance, Applied Epidemiology Training (AET), and national surveillance system in Cambodia by:
• Providing them support in terms of data collection, data management and data analysis, writing of reports on status of ILI surveillance, and monitoring of the ILI surveillance system;
• Providing support in writing Cambodia's Monthly Respiratory Disease and Influenza Bulletin;
• In coordination with the Cambodian Applied Epidemiology Training Manager and Resident Advisor, preparing the annual work plan for the program and supporting implementation of the work plan;
• Being a trainer during didactic sessions and a field supervisor for assigned trainee;
• Providing technical input to Cambodia Early Warning and Alert Network.
2- Liaise with the Ministry of Health on infection control issues and, in particular, on the following activities:
• Coordinate training to provincial hospital staff on infection control;
• Act as part of the evaluation team for infection control in hospital settings;
• Provide support to the national centers of excellence on infection control.
3- Any other duties as directed by WHO Representative in consultation with the Ministry of Health.
Essential: University degree in Medicine
Desirable: Masters degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or Communicable disease control
Experience and skills
Essential: Five year experience in epidemiology and communicable disease control at national level.
Desirable: Knowledge of WHO and Cambodian Ministry of Health Working practices; knowledge and skills in the field s of epidemiology and communicable disease control, including teaching and evaluation, and knowledge of infection prevention and control.
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Strong IT competency in major software programmes.
Essential: Very good command of English and Khmer Languages (Written and spoken) Desirable Working knowledge of French
Salary: Attractive remuneration package.
Interested applicants are required to send a CV to the WHO Representative Office before the deadline. Smoking is not allowed in WHO premises.
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
For additional information and full ToR please contact the WHO office in Phnom Penh located at 177-179 Pasteur Street, by email under Postmaster. CAM@wpro.who.int, or by telephone under (023)216610..
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".