The World Health Organization has been providing technical support to the Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs activities in implementing a study project on violation against women (VAW) in Cambodia. This is a full-time position for 11 months beginning as soon as possible with a possibility of extension. The incumbent will be part of the HSD Team and s/he is working closely with Gender, Equity and Human Rights based in Phnom Penh. Applications from women are encouraged.
Terms of reference
A Temporary Secretary will provide the administrative and logistical supports as the following:
1. Screens and routes incoming mail, documents and reports to the supervisors with full background information; ensures its distribution and follow up on deadlines;
2. Arranges appointments and maintains supervisors’ calendar, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion;
3. Drafts routine non-technical correspondence based on written/verbal instructions from supervisors, prepares informal translations, takes notes at meetings;
4. Prepares and maintains daily arrangement for vehicle and driver;
5. Assists in organizing routine administrative aspects of conferences, workshops and training courses including travel arrangements for the supervisors and performs liaison duties as needed;
6. Keeps lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of government officials, non-governmental partners, and other relevant agencies and individuals;
7. Maintains office records, filling and reference systems on various subjects;
8. Assists in searching, compiling and maintaining information relevant to the programme;
9. Assists Project Assistant in drafting agreements (DFCs, APWs…etc.) and preparing procurement documents for bidding in accordance with WHO guidelines and procedures;
10. Assists Supervisor and Project Assistant in monitoring in-flow and outflow programme’s grants and allocating funds to the work plan for implementation;
11. Assists Supervisor and Project Assistant in preparing financial reports to donors;
12. Performs other related duties as and may be required
• Equivalent to completion of secondary education with thorough training in secretarial or administrative duties.
Experience and skills
• At least 3 years’ of progressively responsible secretarial or administrative work including one year experience related to programme activities or similar duties.
• Experience in WHO and other international organizations is an advantage.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and the Cambodian/Khmer language.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Languages: Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Khmer.
Salary: Attractive remuneration package.
Interested applicants are required to send a CV to the WHO Representative Office before the deadline. Smoking is not allowed in WHO premises.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Opposition leader Kem Sokha said in an interview yesterday that his party is aiming to win more than 60 percent of the votes cast at the June 4 com