The United Nations Population Fund is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
|Job Title:||National Programme Officer-Maternal Health|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term Appointment|
|Duty Station:||UNFPA Office, Phnom Penh|
|Deadline:||16 May 2014 (5pm Local Time)|
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Supports UNFPA activities in the area of maternal health.
• Provides advocacy, knowledge management, technical leadership and expertise on maternal health in UNFPA programming in Cambodia.
• Acts as focal point for specific technical issues including fistula, RH in emergencies, gender in the health sector and support to the development of midwifery in Cambodia.
• Supports the RH specialist in the annual work plan formulation, monitoring and evaluation, contributes to joint programming initiatives and participates in the national development frameworks which are relevant to his/her portfolio.
Master’s Degree in Public Health, Maternal, Reproductive Health or Family Health.
• At least four years relevant experience in reproductive and maternal health programme/project management, implementation, planning, monitoring, supervision.
• In depth knowledge of the Cambodian health sector, health system and policies particularly for reproductive, maternal, and newborn health programmes.
• Sound institutional knowledge and experience in dealing with professional associations and councils on midwifery.
• Technical Reproductive, Maternal Health and health systems experience desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Strong writing skills.
How to apply:
Applications must be supported with a motivation letter, UN Personal History Form (P11), detail CV and key relevant certificates. The sealed envelope shall be addressed directly to Dr. Derveeuw Marc G. L., Representative, UNFPA, No. 225, Street Pasteur, Boeng Keng Kang 1, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The P11 Form and Terms of Reference can be obtained via email (email@example.com). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNFPA retains the right to contact referees directly.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV status.
The bodies of four Cambodian peacekeepers killed by a Christian militia in Central African Republic were repatriated to the Kingdom and honoured in an airport ceremony on May 21.
As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.
Prime Minister Hun Sen issued a directive on Friday banning the sale and consumption of alcohol on June 3 and 4 to prevent unrest during commune el