UNFPA is seeking a national consultant for the following assignment:
Assignment: Consultancy for setting up a legal framework for the preparation of the disciplinary measures for the Cambodian Midwives Council (CMC)
Duty Station: UNFPA Office, Phnom Penh
Contract type: Special Service Agreement
Deadline: 28 March 2014 (4pm Local Time)
Objectives of assignment:
• To scrutinise and amend the draft documents to ensure that they comply fully with the relevant Cambodian laws, such as the Royal Decree establishing the role of CMC and other appropriate legislation;
• To provide legal advice on the implementation of the disciplinary procedures, in particular to identify: a) any barriers b) financial requirements associated with implementation and c) possible solutions to any problems identified. These will inform CMC’s implementation plan, which includes information meetings with key stakeholders
• To provide training for 5 Regional Midwives Council members and members of CMC’s Executive Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master degree in law
• Working knowledge of the legal system in Cambodia and an understanding of the role of regulation in the health profession as well as the relevant laws and provisions;
• A track record in writing disciplinary and complaint procedures or policies;
• Fluency in written and spoken Khmer a must;
• Good oral and written English;
• Ability to give legal advice on implementation of the disciplinary procedures, in particular the ability to identify any barriers and financial requirements necessary for as well as to suggest possible solutions to any such barriers;
• Ability to provide training on how to implement complaint and disciplinary procedure for 5 Regional Midwives Council and the Executive members;
• Experience working or familiar with the Government in particular Ministry of Health, relevant courts and judicial officers in Cambodia.
How to apply:
Applications must be supported with a motivation letter, UN Personal History Form (P11), detailed CV and key relevant certificates. The sealed application should be addressed directly to Dr. Derveeuw Marc G. L., Representative, UNFPA, No. 225, Street Pasteur, Boeng Keng Kang 1, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The P11 Form and Terms of Reference can be obtained via email (email@example.com) or UNFPA Website (http://countryoffice.unfpa.org/cambodia). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNFPA retains the right to contact referees directly.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV status.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".