The Immigration section of the Australian Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking applications from suitably skilled and motivated people for the position of Visa Support Officer. The position is available on a 12 month contract with an anticipated start date in September 2014.
Duties will include:
• Interpreting and translating assistance by phone and in face to face interviews;
• Providing administrative assistance and preparing routine correspondence.
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English and Khmer
• Excellent people management skills
• Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel & email
• Demonstration of the highest levels of integrity in all aspects of work
• A full duty statement and the selection criteria are available from the Australian Embassy website (www.cambodia.embassy.gov.au) by clicking on the About Us tab.
• Commencing base salary will be USD 637 per month
• Hours of work are: Monday to Friday, 8.00 - 12.00, 1.30 – 5.00pm (4.15pm on Fridays)
Applications must include:
• a statement addressing the selection criteria - maximum two (2) pages; and
• a CV - maximum two (2) pages; and
• the names and contact details of two referees, including current employer
and must be submitted in hard copy to:
Department of Immigration & Border Protection Office Manager
No. 16B National Assembly Street Sangkat Tonlebassac,
Khan Chamkarmon Phnom Penh
No applications will be received by email
• Late applications or applications that do not address the selection criteria may not be considered
• Only those applicants short listed for interview will be contacted
***Applications close 5pm Sunday 10 August 2014***
The Australian Embassy is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected on merit.
Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.
Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.