Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO) is a non-governmental, non-profit, and non-political human rights organization that was established in July 1992. With a central office and thirteen provincial offices, LICADHO aims to promote human rights and the rule of law.
LICADHO is seeking a qualified international candidate for the position of Medical Consultant, to be based in Phnom Penh. The purpose of the position is to provide technical and organisational support to LICADHO’s medical team,whoworks in provincial prisons, resettlement sites, and with victims of violenceoccurringduring protests and other public events.
• Supporting implementation of LICADHO’s Medical Project activities, which includes providing medical treatment in prisons, resettlement sites, andto human rights defenders and victims of human rights abuses.
• Coordinating with LICADHO’s national medical staff to streamline administrative systems and patient forms.
• Assisting inthedevelopment of a medical database for information on patients and human rights violations.
• Assisting in the identification of trends and advocacy themesrelated to health and human rights.
• Ensuring the effective coordination between LICADHO’s medical team and other project teams on specific cases or issues of concern.
• Coordinating with external stakeholders to build a network of medical specialists inside and outside Cambodia.
• Monitoring and evaluatingthe Medical Project, identifying training needs,and addressing implementation gaps.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• University medical orpublic health degree,or degree in a related field.
• Native-level fluency in English; written/speaking abilities in Khmer an advantage.
• Experience working in the health, human rights, and advocacy sectorsin Cambodia; preference given to candidates with experience working in penal institutions.
• Experience in developing and revising medical forms, documentation, and other internal systems.
• Experience in project development and management.
• At least 5 years experienceworking with social non-profit enterprises,NGOsor UN agencies.
• Able to work with minimum supervision under Cambodian-led management.
A monthly stipend will be provided to the chosen candidate for the first three month probation period, after which there will be a possibility of renewal as permanent salaried staff.
Qualified candidates should bring their CV and a brief letter of interest no later than November 11, 2014 to LICADHO, #16, Street 99, Phnom Penh, or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Female and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply
• A pplication is free of charge
SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields. Established in September 2015, SM Waypoint now has seven drone pilots, two sales staff and two accountants. Though the company focuses mainly on agricultural projects, the potential uses of the drones are extremely varied, going from measuring exact land height for building drainage systems to finding the most suitable location for special economic zones (SEZs) or factories.
Though the bustling food stalls that emerge after dark next to Phnom Penh's Russian Market can seem intimidating to tourists at first glance, there are street food treats to be enjoyed by all, from Kep crab to a new shrimp dish created by the market's owners.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern