Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO) is a non-governmental, non-profit, and non-political human rights organization that was established in July 1992. With a central office and thirteen provincial offices, LICADHO aims to promote human rights and the rule of law.
LICADHO is seeking a qualified international candidate for the position of Medical Consultant, to be based in Phnom Penh. The purpose of the position is to provide technical and organisational support to LICADHO’s medical team,whoworks in provincial prisons, resettlement sites, and with victims of violenceoccurringduring protests and other public events.
• Supporting implementation of LICADHO’s Medical Project activities, which includes providing medical treatment in prisons, resettlement sites, andto human rights defenders and victims of human rights abuses.
• Coordinating with LICADHO’s national medical staff to streamline administrative systems and patient forms.
• Assisting inthedevelopment of a medical database for information on patients and human rights violations.
• Assisting in the identification of trends and advocacy themesrelated to health and human rights.
• Ensuring the effective coordination between LICADHO’s medical team and other project teams on specific cases or issues of concern.
• Coordinating with external stakeholders to build a network of medical specialists inside and outside Cambodia.
• Monitoring and evaluatingthe Medical Project, identifying training needs,and addressing implementation gaps.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• University medical orpublic health degree,or degree in a related field.
• Native-level fluency in English; written/speaking abilities in Khmer an advantage.
• Experience working in the health, human rights, and advocacy sectorsin Cambodia; preference given to candidates with experience working in penal institutions.
• Experience in developing and revising medical forms, documentation, and other internal systems.
• Experience in project development and management.
• At least 5 years experienceworking with social non-profit enterprises,NGOsor UN agencies.
• Able to work with minimum supervision under Cambodian-led management.
A monthly stipend will be provided to the chosen candidate for the first three month probation period, after which there will be a possibility of renewal as permanent salaried staff.
Qualified candidates should bring their CV and a brief letter of interest no later than November 11, 2014 to LICADHO, #16, Street 99, Phnom Penh, or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Female and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply
• A pplication is free of charge
Take a drive north of Kampong Cham, past the dirt roads and the dense greenery.
Cambodia’s National Election Committee last week rejected 33 of 61 complaints filed over the conduct of June 4’s commune election, according to a s
Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking