Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO) is a non-governmental, non-profit, and non-political human rights organization that was established in July 1992. With a central office and thirteen provincial offices, LICADHO aims to promote human rights and the rule of law.
LICADHO is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Director. Based in Phnom Penh, the selected candidate will be expected to develop, implement, evaluate and report on the overall development and management of LICADHO vision, mission, staff and programs.
• Undertake program development, monitoring and evaluation with senior staff
• Assist in organizational and staff development including trainings and meetings
• Lead advocacy and campaigns at multi levels including dealings with media
• Represent LICADHO in meetings, conferences and other events in Cambodia and abroad
• Participate and support grassroot initiatives and public events
• Assist to develop and finalize project proposals, reports and budgets to funding partners
• Assist to check and finalize internal and external letters, reports and other publications
Qualifications and Requirements
• Post graduate degree in management, administration, social sciences or other related field
• Fluent in oral/written Khmer and English; proficiency in another language would be an asset
• At least 10 years working experience in management, human rights, advocacy and fundraising
• Ability to network with grassroot groups, local and international NGOs, government officials, international community, media and private sector
• Possess strong communication, analytical, decision making, documentation and writing skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, lead, delegate, organize, travel and meet deadlines
• Must be honest, responsible, reliable, professional and non partisan
Qualified candidates should bring their CV and a brief letter of interest to LICADHO, #16, Street 99, Phnom Penh, or send via email to email@example.com
Application deadline: August 21, 2015
Short list deadline: September 1, 2015
• Female, ethnic minorities and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
• Application is free of charge
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".