[ Evaluation Consultant ] Job Information
Cambodia Climate Change Alliance (CCCA)
|CCCA Trust Fund Secretariat
The Cambodia Climate Change Alliance (CCCA) is an initiative led by the Ministry of Environment and supported by the European Union, Denmark, Sweden and UNDP. Its overall objective is to strengthen the capacity of the National Climate Change Committee (NCCC) to fulfil its mandate to address climate change and to enable line ministries and NGOs to implement priority climate change actions.
CCCA is now looking to hire a qualified and experienced evaluation consultant to lead a review of these 9 on going grants (final review for the 8 pilot projects, and mid-term review for the larger grant). The national consultant will work closely with the international consultant / team leader to propose a review methodology in the proposal
Specific objectives the Review
- To review and assess the overall development progress to date in the implementation of funded projects.
- To identify lessons learnt for the CCCA Trust Fund in relation to the design, implementation, monitoring and management of the CCCA grants. This includes providing recommendations to improve capacity development support to the grantees and promote knowledge-sharing;
- Identify lessons learned (including unsuccessful practices), and any best practices which should be fed into national or sectoral policies or have shown significant potential for replication.
Interested individuals should first download full Terms of Reference from website www.camclimate.org.kh. To apply, please send a curriculum vitae (including names of three referees) with a cover letter to the Trust Fund Secretariat to the following email address. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in natural resource management, environment, development studies or related field demonstrably relevant to the position.
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting monitoring and programme review or evaluation of development projects in the field of climate change, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, rural development or related field.
- Good experience in project and programme management, as well as capacity development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate change adaptation approaches and related monitoring and evaluation tools. Knowledge of community-based approaches will be an asset.
- Previous work experience with UNDP will be an asset
- Excellent English report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination and planning skills. Sense of diplomacy and tact.
- Ability and willingness to travel to provincial areas.
Closing date: 6 February 2013
Women are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.