Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Acid attack: Victim says he will not file charges

Acid attack: Victim says he will not file charges

Acid attack
A MAN who was seriously injured in an acid attack on Russian Boulevard on Monday night said yesterday he would not pursue legal action against the suspect, a police official said.

Son Kannareth, Russey Keo commune police chief, said he suspected that the victim, who had originally vowed to press charges against his assailant, had decided not to file a complaint out of fear of retribution.

“It is difficult to find the reason, but even though the victim did not file a complaint, we will not [close] this case at this time,” he said. “We will still keep investigating to arrest the suspect and punish [the suspect] through the law.”

The victim said that he had not been involved in any recent disputes, and that he might not have been the intended target of the attack because he did not recognise the assailant, Son Kannareth said.

Chhun Sophea, programme manager at the Cambodian Acid Survivors Charity, said the victim had been transferred to the organisation’s medical facility yesterday.

“He has to spend a long time on treatment because he got seriously injured,” she said.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

ACLEDA’s boss on how tech is changing financial services

In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.

ACLEDA President In Channy on the key to the bank’s success

Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.

A taste of Phnom Penh's first container night market

At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.