Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - British man dies from drug overdose

British man dies from drug overdose

A 41-year-old-Brithish national died on Tuesday from a drug overdose in Phnom Penh’s Daun Penh district, police said.

The tourist, who was identified as Nolan Games Peter by district police, died at about 7:30pm at the Home Town guesthouse in Daun Penh district’s Chey Chumneas commune, district police officer Hong Sothy said.

He had arrived in Cambodia via the Poipet international checkpoint along the border with Thailand on September 2 and had stayed at the guesthouse since then, Hong Sothy said.

“He lost consciousness three times at the guesthouse before he died,” Hong Sothy told the Post yesterday.

“He died on his bed at the room. According to our examination, he died from a drug overdose,” the officer said.

Police found a small package of crystal methamphetamine on a desk in his room, Hong Sothy said.



Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Turkish Embassy calls for closure of Zaman schools

With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern

CNRP lawmakers beaten

Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.

Student authors discuss "The Cambodian Economy"

Student authors discuss "The Cambodian Economy"

Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".