Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Compensation due: Vendor is electrocuted at concert

Compensation due: Vendor is electrocuted at concert

A Thai concession stand owner will compensate the family of a Cambodian man who died on May 9 from an electric shock while working at a meatball stand at a concert in Kandal province. The owner agreed to pay the family 8 million riel ($2,000) to settle the case.

Moeuk Heu, chief of the victim’s native Svay Korng village, in Battambang province, said that Chay Tha, 40, had just started out as a meatball seller a few months before the incident.

Huy Sokha, Takhmao town police chief, said that Chay Tha was electrocuted when he opened the door of a refrigerator to put meatballs in, at which point he screamed and fell to the ground. He added that investigators found black burn marks on the victim’s left foot.

In a similar case last month, a girl was electrocuted in Siem Reap outside a massage parlour during Khmer New Year celebrations on Pub Street.

Police arrested the owner of the massage shop, Meas Sopheak, after the victim’s family filed a complaint to the Siem Reap town police station. Sopheak was released on bail on April 25.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

What happened at the Laos-Cambodia border last week?

Tensions seemed to subside as quickly as they escalated at the Laos-Cambodia border.

Phnom Penh eats: Where shaved ice meets a sugar rush

Shaved ice, fruit toppings, and a squirt of cream – these are the ingredients to make a perfect bingsu.