Click here to watch a video of the relocation operation.
DEY Krahorm evictees have issued calls for local developer 7NG to reinstate an offer of cash compensation for families forcibly evicted Saturday from the Phnom Penh community.
Following the eviction, 7NG announced it would no longer offer cash compensation, a stance that was reiterated Sunday by company officials.
But Dey Krahorm community representative Chan Vichet said he would deliver a letter Monday to City Hall requesting the $20,000 cash compensation offered by 7NG before Saturday's eviction be reinstated.
"$20,000 isn't enough, but we feel it's all we can get now," he said.
Srey Sothea, 7NG chairman, reaffirmed his stance to stop offering cash compensation to evicted residents.
"We only have houses for them. Right now, the cash is gone," he said, adding that 28 more evicted families had since accepted homes at the Damnak Trayoeng relocation site.
Thirty additional families, who have refused to go to the relocation site, are living temporarily at the Phnom Penh office of rights group Licadho.
One family member, 51-year-old Dul Chanta, told the Post Sunday that she had been asking for $50,000 compensation but would now accept $25,000, while Cheng Srey Vann, 22, vowed to "keep protesting if they refuse to give us money".