One of three men accused of murdering an 18-year-old man outside a Phnom Penh nightclub last year denied the charge in the Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday as witnesses provided conflicting testimony.
Hun To Seiha, 21, was the only one of the accused in court. The two others Em Orn, 21, and Hang Sophean, 24, remain at large.
The trio stand accused of shooting to death Nou Naren, 18, on September 1, 2015, near Neak Meas Nightclub after an argument inside the venue.
To Seiha was arrested on September 10 on drug charges, but was subsequently identified as a suspect in the murder.
During the hearing, To Seiha denied having committed the crime.
“I don’t have any evidence, because I don’t know anything,” he told the court.
But the victim’s friend, Hy Lysa, 18, said he saw To Seiha driving a red Honda Moove motorbike with the gunman, who fired at them three times.
One of the bullets hit Naren in the head and he died on his way to the hospital, Lysa said.
But other witnesses provided different descriptions of the colour and model of the motorbike. They also differed on the number of shots fired.
The verdict is due to be announced at the municipal court on August 5.