Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Health care feud finally laid to rest

Health care feud finally laid to rest

An ongoing squabble between a governmental medical association and a Cambodian tycoon over derisive comments the Khmer-American made about the Kingdom’s doctors appears to have been resolved peacefully.

The controversy started when, in an interview with Post Khmer earlier this month, doctor and businessman Quach Mengly expressed shock at what he characterised as the poor behaviour and ethics of Cambodian health care officials. The comments sparked a flurry of social media support, and the Committee of Cambodian Medical Professionals, a grouping of associations within the Ministry of Health, fired back, demanding a public apology.

On Tuesday, Mengly wrote to the CCMP defending his criticisms but softening the blow by admitting they were based only on his own experience, and that not all Cambodian doctors were “unethical”.

“I would say sorry if I made a mistake, but since I’m not mistaken, why would I have to say sorry?” he said yesterday.

In a press release, the CCMP said that they accepted his explanation and welcomed constructive criticism so as to “correct the health care sector in Cambodia”.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment