Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Nine men sent to court following gang murder

Nine men sent to court following gang murder

Nine gangsters accused of taking part in a fight in Phnom Penh that left a 33-year-old man dead will be charged in court.

Nine gangsters accused of taking part in a fight in Phnom Penh’s Por Sen Chey district that left a 33-year-old man dead will be charged in court today.

On Saturday, two rival gangs had been dancing at the village’s annual harvest festival when an argument broke out, Kantauk commune chief Yorng Sithol said.

The group left the party to settle their differences and began brawling 20 metres from the compound.

The victim, San Ratha, walked out of his house to investigate the commotion but was caught up in the melee and stabbed to death, Sithol said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kim Sarom at newsroom@phnompenhpost.com

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Google Angkor

Google's 3D Angkor online

Drawing on over one million photos, Google has taken the Angkor Wat temple complex into the digital realm, allowing anyone with internet access to enjoy 360-degree panoramic views of 100 of the ancient temples.

97' grenade attack commemoration

Back in the streets

Thousands of CNRP supporters march through Phnom Penh

This month 20 years ago...

1994-03-25 07:00
Kids fall into vice trap - survey
1994-03-25 07:00
Refugees tell of ordeal on the run
1994-03-25 07:00
Ministers muddy press law waters
1994-04-08 07:00
Govt rethink urged on tax, accounts
1994-04-08 07:00
King bids to broker peace talks
1994-04-08 07:00
Pailin: Newsmen live on the edge