Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - No arrests yet in July acid attack

No arrests yet in July acid attack

A 30-year-old acid victim from Banteay Meanchey was sent to the capital for further treatment at a rehabilitation hospital, doctors said yesterday, while police are continuing to look for the perpetrator.

An acid attack in Poipet town late last month left Tang Mouy Chou suffering burns on 20 per cent of her body, including her head and arm. Chou was doused in acid while eating noodles at a market in what police suspect was an attack motivated by a love triangle. The victim has refused to talk about the incident or name a suspect.

“We are continuing the process of investigation to seek the perpetrator,” said Im Sophearak, Poipet commune police chief.

Erin Bourgois, project manager at the Cambodian Acid Survivors Charity, said this is the second reported acid attack this year, and that acid attacks in the Kingdom have declined 83 per cent since 2010.

In the year’s first acid attack in April, a woman allegedly doused her husband for threatening to divorce her.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

ONE FC

ONE FC hits the Kingdom

Three Cambodian fighters prepare for one of the biggest sporting events ever held in Phnom Penh.

techfest

Getting high tech in Phnom Penh

On Monday, creative, tech-savy Cambodians got together to exhibit Apps, drones and cameras helping tackle social, environmental and political issues in Cambodia at a USAID backed innovation show.

Scot Marciel

'Not locked in'

Scot Marciel, one of the US State Department's top Asia diplomats, sat down with State of Play during a whistle-stop tour of the region.

This month 20 years ago...

1994-08-26 07:00
Red light crackdown begins
1994-09-09 07:00
June deflation eases CPI fears
1994-09-09 07:00
Nonn's new paper empire
1994-08-26 07:00
Amputees set sail
1994-08-26 07:00
Post attacked....
1994-08-26 07:00
Car-chase diplomat in family tragedy