Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - No charges for six over man’s death

No charges for six over man’s death

The six men suspected over the fatal shooting and beating of a 24-year-old man in Phnom Penh’s Meanchey district on early Monday morning were returned home after questioning, according to police, who insist the investigation will continue until the gunman behind the fatal shot is found.

The men, all security guards from a venue called City Club, had been in a verbal altercation with the victim, Kong Socheat, shortly before he was shot in the head at about 4am, said local police in Stung Meanchey commune on Monday.

Choun Narin, deputy police chief of the Phnom Penh Municipality, told the Post yesterday that the six men had returned home after they were thoroughly questioned on Monday evening.

“We just called them for questioning and allowed them back home afterwards, and they were not charged either,” he said.

“However, this case is under investigation. We will not allow criminals to live outside the law.”

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Turkish Embassy calls for closure of Zaman schools

With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern

CNRP lawmakers beaten

Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.

Student authors discuss "The Cambodian Economy"

Student authors discuss "The Cambodian Economy"

Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".