Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - No one in: Officials out, Sesan letter not accepted

No one in: Officials out, Sesan letter not accepted

Hundreds of villagers threatened by the Lower Sesan II hydropower dam project are vowing to protest at Stung Treng Provincial Hall if authorities continue to refuse to accept their statement opposing the project, a representative said yesterday.

Eighteen villager representatives attempted to submit a three-page statement to the provincial hall yesterday, only to be rebuffed, representative Choeurn Sreymom said.

“When we do not come to meet with them, they say how can they help if the people do not come?” she said.

In the statement, the community says it will not move for money.

Duong Pov, head of administration at the provincial hall, could not be reached.

Adhoc provincial coordinator Hou Sam Ol said yesterday that the relevant provincial officials were currently in Laos and that Adhoc would submit the document at the hall again on Wednesday.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Phnom Penh eats: Ptas Nak Battambang

As the name suggests, Ptsa Nak Battambang – which in English means Battambang's house – is the right place for those who want to try some of the province's typical dishes in Phnom Penh.

Q&A with Pung Chhiv Kek, Cambodia’s first female doctor and founder of rights group Licadho

Last year, Pung Chhiv Kek was awarded the Legion d’Honneur, France’s highest decoration, for services to peace-building and human rights.