Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - One killed and three injured in Pursat heist

One killed and three injured in Pursat heist

Two armed robbers dressed in camouflage fatigues fatally shot one man and wounded three others on Sunday before making off with 25 million riel (about $6,250) in Pursat province’s Kravanh district, said deputy district police chief Meas Saven yesterday.

According to Saven, the victims were weighing a truckload of milled rice and settling upon a price when the robbers  – armed with an AK-47 and a K-54 pistol – opened fire on the group in an attempt to threaten them.

Victim Chor Kimsan, 34, died en route to the hospital after being shot in the head, Phorn Soreth, 24, was hit in the thigh, Mang Chan, 23, was shot in both legs, and Mang Sarim, 35, was slightly injured after being struck by a ricocheting bullet fragment, said Saven.

Rice purchaser Vorn Sreng – who lost the 25 million riel – escaped the ordeal uninjured.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kim Sarom at newsroom@phnompenhpost.com

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Phnom Penh eats: Homegrown veggies at Bayon Beoung Snor

​Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.

Bill Clough reflects on The Phnom Penh Post's 25 year history

The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,

People search for their names on the voter lists at a polling station in Kampong Cham’s Veal Vong commune earlier this month.

Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking

Comfrel Executive Director Koul Panha speaks to the press at a meeting yesterday in Phnom Penh.

As the National Election Committee launched into the recount proc