A teenge widow in Pursat province’s Phnom Kravanh district died on Thursday from pesticide poisoning after using the chemicals to try to remove head lice.
Phteah Rong commune police chief Dol Bon told the Post yesterday that the victim, 19-year-old Hun Neth of Chey Krem village, died about three hours after spraying her hair with pesticide.
A wound on the young mother’s scalp had contributed to her death, he said.
“After she put the pesticide in her hair, everyone went out to farm. When they returned, she had died,” Dol Bon said.