Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Pizza fire: FCC cooks up a surprise for diners

Pizza fire: FCC cooks up a surprise for diners

Pizza fire
A fire at Phnom Penh’s famous FCC restaurant and hotel gave diners a shock on Wednesday night, as the building was evacuated when a pizza oven vent shot flames onto the roof.

At about 9pm on Wednesday night, sparks and flames shot out of the top of the building, followed by plumes of smoke that poured onto the street as dozens of onlookers watched as  a fire engine arrived at the scene.

No one was injured in the blaze which lasted only a matter of minutes.

A worker, who wished not to be named, said that it had been sparked after a vent leading from the oven to the roof caught fire. Benjamin Le Grand, food and beverage manager at the FCC, said yesterday that it was a “small fire from an oven” before declining to comment further.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

ACLEDA’s boss on how tech is changing financial services

In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.

ACLEDA President In Channy on the key to the bank’s success

Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.

A taste of Phnom Penh's first container night market

At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.