Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Poisonous blowfish dinner kills man

Poisonous blowfish dinner kills man

A man died after eating poisonous blowfish as 15 of his sick family members were rushed to hospital yesterday in Kampong Chhnang province’s Cholkiri district.

Hong Sokhouen, Chief of Cholkiri district’s Plhong commune, said yesterday that 35-year-old Sek Seang died on a boat in transit to hospital.

“They ate it together and were happy because they were meeting family, but it poisoned them,” he said.

“We are sorry that a man could not be rescued and died because he was far away from the hospital. He could not endure it.

“He died on the boat and some of his family are being cured in the hospital.”

The family had caught nearly five kilograms of blowfish behind their house, he said.

Sou RinRa Vuthy, director of Kampong Chhnang referral hospital, said yesterday that some family members had been released while others remained in his care with severe poisoning.

“They were poisoned by blowfish. They felt bad, vomited and had difficulty breathing,” he said.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

ACLEDA’s boss on how tech is changing financial services

In today’s world of fast-changing technology, Cambodia is seeing increasing innovation in financial services.

ACLEDA President In Channy on the key to the bank’s success

Post Khmer Editor-in-Chief Kay Kimsong sat down with Dr In Channy, President and Group Managing Director of ACLEDA Bank Plc, to explore the main principle guiding Cambodia’s biggest bank.

A taste of Phnom Penh's first container night market

At the launch of Phnom Penh's newest market, The Post spoke to customers and stallholders about what the hub of bars, food stalls, shops and live music will add to the city's nightlife.