The suspect arrested this week for the March shooting death of Japanese businessman Kosei Kitakura has confessed to being the trigger man in another fatal robbery in December in which a Cambodian driver was killed, Chhay Sinarith, director of the Ministry of Interior’s Internal Security Police Department, said yesterday.
“Besides shooting dead a Japanese businessman . . . he has confessed that he also robbed a Chinese man and shot dead his Cambodian driver in Tuol Kork district,” Sinarith said.
The suspect, Sok Na, 28, was arrested by Thai police on Thursday and turned over to Cambodia. He has been charged with intentional murder, illegal weapons use and robbery, the same charges facing three of his accomplices arrested on April 20. A fifth is still at large.
With Na as its trigger man, the group is believed to have carried out both robberies by trailing the victims from NagaWorld.
A Japanese Embassy spokesman said that he expected police to find the fifth suspect, and that the investigation so far had been “very quick”.