Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Porn charges: Blackmailed by jilted lover

Porn charges: Blackmailed by jilted lover

A man was charged with producing pornography after he allegedly took nude photographs of his girlfriend and threatened to post them on the internet, police said yesterday.

Provincial police said Ngen Kumpheak, 26, was charged on Saturday following a complaint from the parents of his former girlfriend, with whom he had been secretly involved.  

Yi Sokha, director of the province’s anti-human trafficking unit, said the man had taken the photos and threatened his 21-year-old former girlfriend in an attempt to stop her from marrying another man.

Yi Sokha said the suspect asked the woman to meet for one last encounter on November 17, promising to return a necklace. When she arrived at the guesthouse, he forced her to undress, took photographs and told her he would put them on the internet if she became engaged to another man.

Ngen Kumpheak confessed the allegations were true, Yi Sokha said.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Phnom Penh eats: Homegrown veggies at Bayon Beoung Snor

​Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.

Bill Clough reflects on The Phnom Penh Post's 25 year history

The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,

People search for their names on the voter lists at a polling station in Kampong Cham’s Veal Vong commune earlier this month.

Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking

Comfrel Executive Director Koul Panha speaks to the press at a meeting yesterday in Phnom Penh.

As the National Election Committee launched into the recount proc