Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Provincial court hears pedophile’s case

Provincial court hears pedophile’s case

The Banteay Meanchey provincial court yesterday tried accused Korean-Australian pedophile Charles Sohn, NGO officials said.

According to a release from the NGO Action Pour les Enfants, Sohn forced two girls, both under age 10, to perform sexual acts and took nude photos of them.

“Two neighbours got suspicious about the suspect taking one of the girls into his house, and opened the door [to find] Mr Sohn with his pants down,” the release read.

Juvenile protection police chief Sith Los said the verdict will be issued August 14.

To contact the reporter on this story: Buth Reaksmey Kongkea at reaksmeykongkea.buth@phnompenhpost.com

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Phnom Penh eats: Homegrown veggies at Bayon Beoung Snor

​Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.

Bill Clough reflects on The Phnom Penh Post's 25 year history

The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,

People search for their names on the voter lists at a polling station in Kampong Cham’s Veal Vong commune earlier this month.

Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking

Comfrel Executive Director Koul Panha speaks to the press at a meeting yesterday in Phnom Penh.

As the National Election Committee launched into the recount proc