Students who failed the grade 12 exam earlier this month will have about six weeks to study for a second shot at a high school certificate once results are announced on August 29 and 30.
The Ministry of Education has set October 13 as the date for the test, which will be held under the same conditions.
“We’re leaving them a month and a half to revise their lessons,” said Minister of Education Hang Chuon Naron.
Following reform to stamp out cheating, bribery and other irregularities, this year’s national exam was held earlier this month at a cost of $4 million.
On August 11, Prime Minister Hun Sen announced he had intervened to demand a retest as the “number of those who will pass won’t be high”, adding that students had not been prepared for tougher regulations.
Chuon Naron said rumours that less than 20 per cent of students passed the first exam were “not true”.