More than a year after a deadly grenade attack on the house of a Kampong Chhnang provincial official, the investigation still hasn’t yielded an arrest.
Four suspects who worked for Chou Vanna, the former provincial director of the Department of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation, were questioned and released on Wednesday by Kampong Chhnang provincial court.
Nhoung Chanthy, investigating judge at the provincial court, told the Post yesterday that the suspects were released because there weren’t any indications of guilt during questioning.
Vanna and his family were gathered for a party reception on September 27 last year when a grenade sailed into the Lor Teuk Trei village house and exploded, killing his son and injuring four people.
Vanna could not be reached yesterday.
A relative of one of the suspects who asked not to be named, said that the former director and his colleagues had clashed over allegedly unfounded work transfers, the firing of one employee, and deductions in salary.
To contact the reporter on this story: Kim Sarom at firstname.lastname@example.org