Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Talks Collapse

Talks Collapse

Ceasefire talks between the Cambodian government and a military team under deposed

co-premier Prince Norodom Ranariddh broke down soon after opening on May 15 due to

disagreement over a member of the prince's team. The government objected to the presence

in Ranariddh's five-member delegation of Long Sarin, a senior official from the Cambodian

embassy in Bangkok.

"This morning the meeting failed because one participant is not eligible according

to the rules of our working group," defence ministry official General Dam Vuthy

told reporters.

Dam Vuthy said the government was giving Ranariddh's team, led by the deputy commander

of his forces, General Khan Savoeun, time to rearrange its members.-Reuters

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Phnom Penh eats: Homegrown veggies at Bayon Beoung Snor

​Nestled along National Road 1, Bayon Beoung Snor is a farm-cum-restaurant. The team grows their own vegetables, which they then use to whip up traditional Khmer food.

Bill Clough reflects on The Phnom Penh Post's 25 year history

The Post's publisher Bill Clough, under whose leadership the publication went from a fortnightly to a daily one, discusses his investment in Cambodia, his vision for the paper in an increasingly digital age,

People search for their names on the voter lists at a polling station in Kampong Cham’s Veal Vong commune earlier this month.

Four years ago, when the opposition snatched Kampong Cham away from the ruling party in 2013 national elections, it hinted at a deeper shift taking

Comfrel Executive Director Koul Panha speaks to the press at a meeting yesterday in Phnom Penh.

As the National Election Committee launched into the recount proc