Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Two suspects in attack

Two suspects in attack

AUTHORITIES in Takeo province say they are on the brink of arresting a second suspect in connection with an acid attack that saw four karaoke waitresses doused with acid on December 17, while they were waiting for customers in front of a karaoke parlour in the province’s Kirivong district.

Yuk Sarath, Kirivong district’s chief of police, said Thursday that he had already prepared documents requesting the arrest of the second suspect in the attack along with Om Chhi, 21, who confessed to the crime. She has been charged with causing intentional injury.

Soun Phon, Takeo provincial deputy police chief in charge of criminal cases, said he was awaiting an arrest warrant from the court in order to apprehend the suspect, who is thought to be hiding in Koh Kong province.

One of the four victims was discharged from hospital on Monday and the remaining three are receiving medical care at an undisclosed location in Phnom Penh, said Ziad Samman, programme coordinator at the Cambodian Acid Survivors Charity.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Behind the scenes of Bird Monster Battle

The Post visited the Lakhon Khol Youth of Cambodia dance group as they practised at the Royal University of Fine Arts in preparation for a performance on Sunday at Beltei International University.

Senate passes amendments allowing seat redistribution

Following last week's events, when Prime Minister Hun Sen proposed redistributing the Cambodia National Rescue Party’s National Assembly seats among minor opposition parties, the controversial amendments were passed a