Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Villagers’ first aid saves electrocuted workers

Villagers’ first aid saves electrocuted workers

Five construction workers were electrocuted yesterday morning after touching an exposed electrical wire in Kampong Thom province’s Santuk district, authorities said.

Mao Chanthy, police chief of the Kampong Thma commune, said the five men had been building a house and pulled on what they thought was just a wire.

The men were in a human chain and the electricity was passed from each man to the next upon which they were immediately electrocuted and fell unconscious.

“Nearby villagers rescued them by burying them in the sand in order to reduce their body heat,” Mao Chanthy said.

The victims  had regained consciousness after being buried and suffered only minor burns to their hands and parts of their bodies, he said.

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment

Latest Video

Cambodia's last tile masters: Why a local craft is under threat

Brought over by the French, painted cement tile making has been incorporated into Cambodian design for more than a century, even as the industry has died out in Europe.

Interview: Loung Ung, author of First They Killed My Father

The story of Loung Ung and her family’s suffering under the Khmer Rouge became known around the world with the success of her autobiographical book, First They Killed My Father.

Setting up a drone for flight. Photo supplied

How Cambodia's first drone company is helping farmers

SM Waypoint claims its unmanned aerial vehicles can help local farm and plantation owners increase their yields.