Search

Search form

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Neighbours fail to stop house going up in smoke

Neighbours fail to stop house going up in smoke

Neighbours fail to stop house going up in smoke

Authorities in Prey Veng province’s Preah Sdech district took pity on a villager who was responsible for burning down their own house early yesterday.

Claiming the cooker was left on while away at a ceremony, witnesses say neighbours banded together to fight the blaze.

It was too little, too late, however, and everything – even the alleged 6 million riel ($1,500) inside – turned to ash.

The boys in blue started up a collection to donate to the homeowner.

ANN

RECOMMENDED STORIES