Search form

Login - Register | FOLLOW US ON

Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - A watched pot never boils; ignored, it burns

A watched pot never boils; ignored, it burns

A moment of absent-mindedness cost a man his house in Siem Reap’s Puok district on Monday.

The 50-year-old farmer was boiling water when he left to attend other business, completely forgetting about the fire hazard at home. His neighbours initially paid no mind to the flames, thinking he was home to put them out.

It was only when the increasingly ferocious blaze lit a fire under them that they extinguished it. But it was too little, too late – the house was reduced to ashes, as was $150 in cash and other items.

NOKORWAT

0

Comments

Please, login or register to post a comment