Answer for Thursday 26 March.
1. The article states that those most socially affected by lack of toilets are
2. How much of India's surface water is contaminated?
3. India has been right behind China as
b) the world's fastest growing major economy.
4. The Indian government plans to end open defecation by
5. Better sanitation could cut infant mortality by
Listen and answer the following questions
1. The article indicates that the rejection of US food aid is related to
d) coming North Korean missile test.
2. When did famine strike North Korea?
3. Previous US food aid was connected to
4. The United Nations estimates that over _____ North Koreans need food aid.
c) 6 million
5. North Korea's government has always stressed
Select the word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence
1. A log grabber has a long arm ___, which stretches out to pick up logs.
d) called a jib
2. A home computer ___ an opportunity for convenient work at home.
3. Some of the rain water from clouds evaporates before ___.
a) reaching the ground
4. Sometimes ___ is worse than the lack of sleep itself.
b) the desire to sleep
5. Although dissimilar, birds and insects have both evolved efficient ___ capabilities.
6. The wheel, ___ has remained important for 4,000 years, is one of mankind's first inventions.
7. ___ children master the basics, advanced development becomes easier.
8. ___ there is a close correlation between stress and illness.
a) Some psychologists believe
9. ___ is often used in soups and salads.
a) Parsley, an inexpensive herb,
10. Perspiration increases ___ vigorous exercise.
11. Goddard developed the first rockets to fly faster ___.
d) than sound
12. Even if the unemployment rate ___ sharply, the drop may still be temporary.