Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, community development, enterprise development, financial services and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA works in approximately 40 developing countries implementing 60+ projects and has total revenues of $173 million.
Short-term and Long-term Experts, Cambodia
ACDI/VOCA is currently recruiting for short-term and long-term technical experts for a P.L. 480 Title II USAID development food assistance program (DFAP) in Cambodia. The overall goal of the project will be to reduce chronic food insecurity and vulnerability of individuals, households and communities to food security shocks. The program will aim to increase the production generated by smallholder farming households; increase the income generated by smallholder farming households reduce the underlying vulnerability of farming communities to food security shocks; and promote improved health and nutrition. Women are a critical beneficiary group.
1) Minimum 5-10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in developing country(ies) focusing on issues such as:
• food security
• agricultural market development (including livestock)
• value chain development, analysis and finance
• health and nutrition
• monitoring and evaluation
• gender and youth
• grants management
2) University degree in related field (e.g., agriculture/agribusiness, rural sociology, international development, international business, economics, etc.) is required; master’s degree is highly desirable.
3) Prior experience with Title II projects is highly preferred.
4) Prior experience with donorprojects, procedures, policies and reporting requirements is preferred.
5) Experience working in Cambodia and/or the region is required.
6) Fluency in English is required; fluency inKhmeris highly desirable.
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume to email@example.com. Please write the type of position for which you are applying in the email subject line. Resumes should list long-term employment history, any relevant short-term consulting work and sufficient detail about your specific contributions and responsibilities. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE.
With an attempted coup against the government of President Recep Erdogan quashed only days ago and more than 7,000 alleged conspirators now under arrest, the Turkish ambassador to Cambodia yesterday pressed the govern
Two opposition lawmakers, Nhay Chamroeun and Kong Sakphea were beaten unconscious during protests in Phnom Penh, as over a thousand protesters descended upon the National Assembly.
Students at Phnom Penh's Liger Learning Center have written and published a new book, "The Cambodian Economy".