Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Naga Lottery to launch

Naga Lottery to launch

Naga Lottery to launch

A new lottery company, Naga Lottery owned by the same company that operates Phnom Penh’s NagaWorld, will launch its first product on June 8, an official press release said yesterday.

The company was licensed by the Ministry of Economy and Finance in October last year said executive director Winn Phuah.

A million tickets will be printed and available from 1,500 sellers across Cambodia with a seller in every province.

There will be two draws every month with a first prize of US$218,000, and over 15,000 prizes available, Phuah said.

The company will host a music concert on June 16 from 7pm to 12am at Hun Sen Park, and hopes to attract between 10,000 and 15,000 people to the event.

Thirty per cent of the company’s net profit will be donated evenly between the national police, Preah Vihear military command and the Cambodian Red Cross, Phuah said.

“We are using a Canadian company to print the tickets, and only myself and one other person knows the design of the tickets. So if something gets leaked, one of us will be in trouble,” Phuah said.

To contact the reporter on this story: Abe Becker at [email protected]

MOST VIEWED

  • ‘Historic’ Khmer Rouge tribunal Case 002/2 verdict to be delivered

    The Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) are to deliver the verdict on Friday, in the trial of former Khmer Rouge leaders Nuon Chea and Khieu Samphan, in a pronouncement hailed as a “historic event for Cambodia and the world”. The verdict from

  • ‘No more Khmer Rouge leaders left to stand trial’

    Friday's verdict in the trial of former Khmer Rouge leaders Nuon Chea and Khieu Samphan has been hailed as “historic” for “Cambodia and all humanity”, while Minister of Interior Sar Kheng said no further cases of its kind would be brought to court. “There are

  • Hun Sen slams opposition lawyer for ‘incompetence’

    A defence lawyer for the opposition on Wednesday defended their “legalism” after Prime Minister Hun Sen slammed them as “incompetent” and “unqualified”, telling them to listen to and analyse what he said before making statements about a “bet”. Once again on Wednesday Hun Sen spoke

  • Chinese driver attacked after damaging vehicles

    Villagers in Sihanoukville’s Commune 4 on Saturday attacked a Chinese man for causing an accident involving two cars and many motorcycles, while the suspect tried to escape. Preah Sihanouk provincial traffic office director Prom Pov identified the suspect as “Zhear Ming Luy”, 16. The suspect hit