Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Vietnam casino status quo good for NagaWorld

Vietnam casino status quo good for NagaWorld

Vietnam casino status quo good for NagaWorld

Vietnam's Ministry of Finance announced yesterday that its nationals would remain banned from entering the country’s casinos despite a draft decree submitted last month to the government that was expected to amend the existing law and end the ban, Vietnamese media reported.

The continuation of the status quo could benefit Cambodia’s NagaWorld casino, which feared lifting of the ban would cut into its revenue.

“We believe Naga will continue to see Vietnamese players crossing borders and gaming in Cambodia,” investment bank Citigroup said in an investor note.

MOST VIEWED

  • Serious flooding across country

    The Kampong Speu provincial Committee for Disaster Management on Wednesday issued an alert after non-stop heavy rain caused widespread flooding. In Koh Kong province, authorities are working with the disaster committee and the Cambodian Red Cross to assist those affected after more than 350 homes were

  • CNRP points to King in call for vote boycott

    Leaders of the former Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) have taken a new tack in their call for a boycott of the national elections later this month. They are now claiming that the people should follow the King, who is expected to abide by tradition

  • Actress’s NGO takes heat for promoting the ruling party

    An actress’s NGO which participated in an election campaign event contrary to the Law on Association and Non-Governmental Organisations (Lango) has been slammed. Chorn Chanleakena, a celebrity and the president of the Association of Artists Volunteering to Help Society, allegedly led its members in

  • Troop moves ‘won’t worry people’

    Senior officials at the Ministry of Defence and National Police said on Tuesday that riot training provided to the country’s police forces were aimed at preventing unexpected demonstrations and strikes before and after the July 29 national elections. The troop mobilisation, they said, would not