An exciting opportunity to be involved in Save the Children’s work in Cambodia working in partnership with the Government, NGOs and community members. Save the Children is looking for a high quality motivated Cambodian national to fill in the position of Child Rights Governance Program Manager based in Phnom Penh with regular travel to the field at least 50% to time.
The Role Purpose
The Child Rights Governance Program Manager has an overall management responsibility for the delivery of Child Rights Governance Program developcapacity of civil society organisations, children and their families to be knowledgeable about child rights. The position directly addresses a key tenet of the SCI 2013-2015 strategic plan, “By 2015, the RGC has increased necessary resources, coordination and leadership (legislative, judicial and administrative) for building a child-friendly society” and contributes significantly to the Child Rights Global Initiative (CRGI) breakthrough that, “all children, especially the poorest, benefit from greater public investment and better use of society’s resources in realizing their rights”.
• Degree in Social Sciences/Social Work and Social Administration/Development Studies/ Child Rights/Legal Studies/Economic or any relevant field experiences. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant work experience in leading the development of child rights, advocacy implementation and/or development of child rights networks, and/or working directly in developing children’s advocacy networks.
• Excellent IT (Microsoft Office), interpersonal and communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Khmer. Strong facilitation and presentation skills will be considered a definite advantage.
• Ability and willingness to travel to all parts of the country.
• Willingness to abide by Save the Children International Child Safe guarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources Team at Save the Children no later than 05:00 pm on18 October, 2013. Previous applicants need not to re-apply.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.