The Ministry of Tourism (MoT) has received a concessional loan from the French Agency for Development (AFD) to finance the setting-up of the Vocational Schools of Tourism (VST), with two campuses: one in Sihanoukville and another in Phnom Penh (the VST Project). The VST will be a training place and a center of excellence for MRA implementation following the ASEAN curriculum at minimum in order to strengthen the Tourism Sector through the development of tourism and hospitality training skill for jobs. Along with this project, the RGC has requested AFD for assisting and financing a reinforcement program of commercial capacity of the tourism sector (the PRCC Project). The core objectives of the program are to strengthen the capacity of the public and private stakeholders as well as to improve and to implement the sector development strategy.
The Project Management Unit (PMU) recruit one Administrative and Finance Officer,for 1 year contract including a probationary period of 3 months (and with potential 1 year extension until project completion, subject to satisfactory performance), to coordinate and ensure the project is implemented as per the budget and the schedule by fulfilling Administrative and Finance procedure and reporting to Project Coordinator (current situation, risks and opportunities) for strategic decisions to be made at management level.
• Manages and administers project assets and facilities, and ensures that they are only used for approved project purpose by authorized personnel and are properly secured and maintained.
• Be responsible for administration and logistic duties including meeting, workshop, supervision, field visit, working group etc. for TAs and Construction team.
• Manages and coordinates challenging calendars scheduled monthly meetings, travel arrangements.
• Prepares reports of the meeting and other required reports relevant to project administration and accounting
• Sets up and ensures proper implementation of the project archiving policy, in line with applicable laws and regulations as well as project financing agreements
• Manages records’ retention and electronic filing
• Keeps all office computers software and hardware up to date
• Monitors the maintenance of office equipment (computer, laptop, printer, photocopier, water pipe, microwave, coffee machine, etc.)
• Consults with IT specialist on office networking, phone system and data storage.
• Manages office stationery (weekly stock checking and re-order them when needed)
• Drafted routine correspondence, reports and papers related to the unit’s work
• Under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Administrative and Finance Officer coordinates all administrative, financing and procurement tasks of the projects.
• Handles accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
• Ensures all received invoices are verified and ready to be paid before the due date to avoid penalty charges
• Creates and manages project’s account, make sure all invoices are accurately input into account system, prepare monthly, bi-yearly, yearly financial, and accounting report
• Prepares all necessary admin/accounting and financial documents for project auditing and facilitate the project auditing process.
• Assists the project director with financial budget preparations for all upcoming project activities
Qualification and experiences:
− Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business, and Administration or equivalent degree.
− Minimum 2-year experienced as Finance and Administrative officer
− Previous experience working on donor-funded projects would be a strongly encourage
− Good Communicating in English (speaking, listening and writing)
− Proficient in using computer software especially Quickbook; Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Power Point, internet and E-mail; Telegram, cloud storage, google drive
− Be a good team work with a high level of numeracy as well as excellent attention to detail; have strong analytical and reporting skills, and be good at problem solving
− Knowledge in tourism sectors and vocational training field would be a plus
Interested candidate is invited to submit their applications to PMU office by 15 October 2021 at 16:30. (Attention: H.E. Neb Samouth, Director General of Tourism Industry Management and Project Director,
Subject: Application for Administrative and Finance Officer of VSTP
at the address: Lot 3A, St. 169, Veal Vong Commune, Prampi Makara District, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia. Tel: (855) 17 396 956,
E-mail: [email protected], only short-listed candidate will be contacted.