National Consultancy: IT Specialist within the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
For every child, opportunity.
UNICEF began providing assistance to Cambodia in 1952 and has been working since then to improve the wellbeing of Cambodian children. UNICEF established its first country office in 1973 in the capital of Phnom Penh. More information on what we do in Cambodia is available at https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/.
How can you make a difference?
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide IT assistance to MoSVY (social welfare department) in managing the new MIS for the national CT programme for pregnant women and children.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Phase II (Implementation state of the MIS):
December 2019 - October 2020
• Support MoSVY team to with maintaining, and improving the MIS system
• Communicate challenges regarding complex IT systems to the MoSVY team outside of IT
• Provide user IT trainings in Khmer to the MoSVY and P-DoSVY MIS staff
• Check and ensure backup rotation is operational including but not limited to Firewall, Switches, Linux Servers, VMWare ESXi instances
• Monitor Internet connections to/from hosting environment
• Monitor for upgrades to software or hardware systems and suggest upgrade paths or improvements
• Ensure hosting environment is kept maintained to a high standard; including but not limited to UPS monitoring, Air-conditioning systems maintenance, electricity supply is stable, physical security is checked
• Liaise with other team members to assist with technical solutions
• Train and assist other team members to build IT capacity
• Analise and assess IT monitoring software, and disseminate the results to management
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
• Academic qualification at University level in business & IT, digital systems or other relevant subjects
• At least 3 years of progressive experience working with systems design and/or systems management
The detailed job descriptions are available in the link provided and if you are interested and meet the profiles, please submit an application through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=526488
The closing date for applications is 15 October 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to be part of the organization.