IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Over the past seven years, IFC has supported private sector clients and industry associations to achieve transformational changes in the Cambodian rice sector, so that the country can better integrate into regional and global economies. Through IFC concerted efforts, IFC helped raise product quality and operational efficiency by building capacity at the firm level, promoting standards and certifications, and promoting the use of cleaner-processing technology as well as food safety systems (ISO, HACCP, GMP/GHP).
IFC will be providing Advisory Service that will facilitate the upgrading of food safety management systems in keeping with changing global requirements that will lead to improvement of their performance and efficiency and ultimately to sales increase, costs reduction and risk management.
IFC proposes to hire a consulting firm from November 1, 2019 to 31 December 2020 to provide food safety consultancy services and technical advices for a client-company with two rice mills in Cambodia.
1. First Rice Mill in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Assisting the mill to review, assess, compare and change its current food safety management according to ISO22000:2005 to BRC Global Standards Issue 8.
• Assisting the mill to develop and implement the food safety management system according to BRC Global Standards Issue 8.
• Providing internal auditor training courses for key staff of the company and instructing/guiding and assisting internal auditors of the company to conduct internal audit,
• Assisting the company in the certification audits and correcting any non-conformities/non-compliance found in the certification audits.
2. Second Rice Mill in Kampong Thom Province, Cambodia
• Developing and implementing HACCP according to Codex Alimentations
• Providing training on prerequisite programs, good manufacturing and hygiene practices, standard operating procedures and HACCP to client-company’ staff
• Providing support to client-company’ staff for key preparatory activities to obtain HACCP
Interested consulting firms (or consortium of firms) are expected to have:
• Deeply understanding HACCP, GMP, GHP…and international food safety management standards such as ISO22000, BRC, other relevant standards and relevant government regulations.
• Team Leader should have experience working in international food safety management standards (particularly for BRC Global Standards), food science, food technology/engineering, and food industry. At least one of team • member is BRC’s certified trainer and other one has excellent spoken and written proficiency in both English and Khmer languages.
• Proven experience on conducting food safety gap assessments/audits
Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the. Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2 Selection number: 1264953 - (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html)
Deadline of submission of interest by: Oct 21, 2019.
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.
Only those firms which have been shortlisted will receive notification. No debrief will be provided to firms which have not been shortlisted.